Friday, February 8, 2013

FAQ Friday!! Reporting Your Injury:

Whom Should I Notify? Should The Notice Be in Writing?


You should notify a person in a position of authority, such as a supervisor, foreman, safety director, dispatcher, personnel director, owner, corporate officer, company nurse, plan physician, or other member of management.

Oral notice is allowed, but it is to your advantage to fill out a written accident report. Otherwise, it is possible that your employer may later deny that you gave oral notice of your injury.

NOTE: It is very important that you request a copy of your written notice at the time of completion and submission. You should keep a file of ALL communication regarding your work-related injury or disease, including the names and dates of any insurance company nurse who contacts you.

For questions or if you need a free consultation, please contact us today or call 800-594-7433.

No comments:

Post a Comment